Empowering U recognise the importance for case managers to choose reputable care providers who have the capability to deal with complex and sensitive cases. Empowering U can facilitate case management and the smooth transition of an individual.
Why Choose Empowering U?
We are a trusted partner for Case Managers, Personal Injury lawyers, Solicitors, Financial Deputies and health professionals right throughout the UK. Empowering U is a member of BABICM.
Empowering U recognises that case management is effective in the intent of improving the individual and health system outcomes through integrating services around an individual with long term health conditions. Case management is a collaborative approach used to asses a plan, facilitate and coordinate care to meet the individual/patient and family members healthcare needs through communication with all available sources including all sectors such as community and primary healthcare as well as sectors outside of the Health system such as social services, housing etc.
A Service We Can Provide
- Bespoke care packages formulated by you, with you. Offering short visits right through to 24/7 care. We recognise that your needs may fluctuate over time, so we can also offer flexibility to modify your care plan if needs change
- Involvement and care provided as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Working in partnership with NHS and Local Authorities
Stage 1 – Initial Setup
- Initial care package discussion before assessments are made, providing transparent costs outlining different levels of services provided
- Terms and conditions with full details
- Face-to-face assessments to ascertain the appropriate care package
- Transitional timeline and plan
- Assigned dedicated key worker
- Carer profile-matching the needs of the individual
- ‘Meet and Greet’ to ensure the best match for the client’s interests and needs.
Stage 2 – Preparing to Commence Package
- Comprehensive person-centred care plans, overseen and approved by Branch Nurse and Registered Branch Manage
- Once needs are identified our own highly skilled clinical and nursing team will then continually work with carers that have been identified to support by ensuring all specific care needs are met to a high standard
- Work closely with the MDT and to implement specialists’ recommendations, home adaptations etc.
- Finalise costs and financial agreements in place
Stage 3 – Ongoing Commitments
- Conduct regular care reviews
- Ongoing recruitment to match care needs and ensure staff cover
- Regular supervision of the care team
- Ongoing training development of care team
- Ensuring client’s needs are met to high standard and comply with national legislation (CQC/CIW)