Empowering U are specialist providers of bespoke packages of complex care which capture the ‘how’ and ‘when’ specialist care needs to be delivered. We provide expert care to individuals with learning disabilities, mental health problems, autism spectrum conditions, personality disorders, complex medical needs, and behaviours that challenge.
Our highly trained and multi-disciplined team of managers, support staff, and nurses have the skills and experience to support individuals with multiple needs. Our staff provide the knowhow to design a client-specific package of long-term holistic care following a chronic illness, disability or traumatic injury.
For example, if a client is an in-patient, our team will work closely with the discharge team to ensure a personalised care plan is ready to go upon discharge. Through one-to-one or two-to-one support and the assignment of ‘key workers’, we ensure that a client’s needs and rights are always upheld. Knowing there is always a safe, trustworthy team to rely on, means our clients feel empowered to communicate with us easily and freely. Our nurse-led care services are provided by a specialist team and include:
- Catheter, Bowel & Stoma care
- Complex Bowel Management
- Tracheostomy & Ventilated care
- PEG (Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy) and JEJ (Jejunostomy)
- Acquired Brain Injury support
- Suctioning Oral and Tracheal
- Oxygen Therapy
- Epilepsy Rescue Medication – Buccal Midazolam & Rectal Diazepam
- NG (Nasogastric)
- Ileostomy (Stoma / Colostomy)
- Cough Assist and Assisted Cough
- CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure)
- BPAP (Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure)
- NIPPY (Non-Invasive Positive Pressure Ventilation)
All of Empowering U’s clients are assigned key workers and are specialist providers of tailor-made care packages. We provide support for individuals with complex medical needs, as well as those with learning disabilities, mental health problems, Autistic-spectrum conditions, personality disorders, and behaviours that challenge.