Our Case Management services support individuals following injuries sustained as a result of personal injury or clinical negligence. Our Case Managers have a vast amount of expertise and experience gained in the health and social care sector and work innovatively to deliver a bespoke case management service to clients.
Why choose Empowering U
Empowering U combine specialist knowledge with approachability. We put the needs of the client first and our expert team of dedicated clinicians work collaboratively with all other parties involved in the clients’ rehabilitation, to deliver a case management service that’s as unique as the client.
We support both the claimant and defendant parties throughout the litigation process, becoming the trusted partners for Personal Injury Solicitors, Financial Deputies and health professionals throughout the UK.
We are a member of BABICM and our Case Managers, who are registered with their own individual professional bodies, also work to the code of conduct specified by BABICM and CMSUK, as well as following the Rehabilitation Code (2015).
To keep the client’s needs at the forefront, our Case Managers are selected to work with a client based on their location and skill set. We offer a free, no-obligation “meet and greet” with the client to ensure that they are happy with their selected Case Manager.
Following this meeting, we start on the rehabilitation journey together.
Our case management services include:
- Planning, implementing and monitoring a package of care for the client.
- Seeking appropriate residential placements if necessary
- Working with health and social care services to ensure the client’s needs are being met
- Working with statutory and private therapy services to promote the client’s rehabilitation and well-being
- Instructing and monitoring independent professionals such as therapists or psychologists to build upon any statutory therapy provision
- Researching work or leisure activities that would help a client’s rehabilitation
- Working with architects, builders and therapists to ensure that the clients’ property allows them to be independent as well meeting their care and rehabilitation needs.
- Making sure that the client has the equipment to enable them to independent, comfortable and safe in their home and out and about.
- Potentially sourcing a wheelchair-accessible vehicle if necessary
- Working with the client and their family to ensure the client can participate in activities such as holidays
- Closely liaising with the client’s solicitor/deputy.
- Keeping them up to date and making recommendations on the costs required
At Empowering U, we pride ourselves on our core values.
E – Equality Every individual is treated equally. Everybody should be given equal choices and chances.
U – Unity We work in unity both as a team and with our clients to reach our goal of providing the best possible service and enable the client to meet their rehabilitation goals.
C – Compassion We understand an individual’s feelings and take steps as a team to find and implement the best ways to manage them.
M – Maximise Independence We work collaboratively with everyone involved in the clients care to set person-centred measurable goals as part of the clients’ rehabilitation. We build resilience and confidence, as well as supporting positive risk-taking. We support our clients to optimise recovery and take control of their lives.